Follow these three steps:
- Read the instructions “The Mission” in the next tab (see above)
- Complete the one-minute survey and enter your estimates
- Save your estimates (copy/paste, print) if you want to keep them.
- At the end of the survey you will find a link to a downloadable PDF with further information, answers, and some insights.
Shortly we will publish the free complete report and an online simulation game.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive
- invitations to the next simulation games
- the detailed research report.
Enjoy & Share with others!
You are in charge of developing the customer base of a business through a viral marketing campaign. Customers purchase through word of mouth and join the installed base.
To simplify things:
- Your company is the only competitor in that market.
- The timeframe is 2 years.
- The total market size is stable, including potential customers and customers in your customer base: No customers are leaving.
To estimate the customer base for different times for the upcoming 2 years.
To estimate the time when sales will reach a maximum and what the sales volume is in that month.
- Current Market size: 25 million potential customers
- Initial customer base: 50.000 customers at the beginning.
- Contacts per month: 10 customers. (That means each customer has contact to another 10 potential customers.)
- Purchase Probability: 0.05 (5%, or: 5 out of 100 contacts will purchase)
How to proceed:
- Please enter your estimates and a bit information about your role and involvement with viral marketing. The information will be used for analysis purposes only.
- Please indicate if you would like to join the research panel and if you are interested in upcoming survey, reports, and simulations.
- After completing the survey
- you will see some benchmark information (“How do my estimates compare?”)
- you will be guided to a short presentation of the results. There you will also see links to more information, other simulations and to obtain a complete research report.
Estimate: +/- 10%
Wow! Great Job! You really know your stuff!
Since you are already a Pro you may want to consider
- Sharing your expertise with others
- Take the next level and try out some of our simulations
- Participate in the next one-minute-survey with increasing complexity
Update your skill
Estimate: +/- 30%
You have an opportunity to advance your skill to assess and plan for dynamic growth. With a better understanding and judgement how the dynamic system behaves you can improve the performance of your campaigns and business.
Some things to consider
- Explore our material for developing systemic skills, including simulations, presentations, seminars.
- Host a training event for you and your team mates. Please use our contact form to inquire about offerings.
- Subscribe to our mailing list for upcoming talks and online classes.
Estimate: +/- >50%
Your estimates are way off. This represents a significant risk to your projects and campaigns.
In order to get up to speed here are some things to consider:
- Take a look at the presentation or video for this exercise to understand the dynamics and drivers of the changes.
- Sign up to one of our workshop seminars. Bring your topics to the session.
- Subscribe to our mailing list for upcoming sessions, material and simulation.
- Let your colleagues take the survey. If everyone shares the same challenges, let’s host a workshop and training session for your team or company.
- Our multi player simulations are fun to play in teams, with facilitation and expert advisory for your situation.
Subscribe to WITTIGONIA Insights mailing list for:
- Complete research report
- Joining to research panel
- Information about upcoming research
- Announcements about availabe online simulation tools