How can a company grow and sustain the core business and invest in the next generation products and services? This workshop explores the challenges and concepts of assessing market potential, managing innovation and resource allocation. During the workshop participants will step into the role of the CEO of a company which delivers products for the portable power tool industry. The concepts are similar in other industries.
This workshop seminar looks at the dynamics of innovation:
- Starting and growing a business or new project
- Timing and level of R&D spending
- Investing in the core business and innovation
- Strategies for overcoming chicken-and-egg problems
The workshop is a combination of a briefing, simulation game, and expert talks. The simulations are high-end multi-player games which have been prepared by top business schools for executive education and MBA / PhD programs. The games facilitate learning and highlight learning aspects in an engaging format.
In-company workshops for teams are available anytime by request. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and timing.
Public workshop seminars
Open workshops will be announced through our website and event newsletter.
Please sign up for our Event Newsletter to received updates.
You would like to host a workshop in your business, start-up center, accelerator or organisation? Please use our contact form.
Will be announced soon. Please also check out event page.
Modules and Deliverables
- Short presentation of the concepts. Visualisation and demonstration.
- How does a system such as a customer base behave over time?
- Feedback structure, delay, and change over time.
- Simulation and discussion of different growth strategies and their underlying structure.
- Based on a highly valuable set of content and tools
- Real world case study (Battery Business, Solar Business)
- Facilitated Role Play and Management Flight-Simulators: Live online simulation game (either single player or multi-player)
- Real world experience from facilitators who lead innovation, development, platforms, ecosystems and high volume operations.
Typical clients and participants include:
- Managers, Executives responsible for Innovation, Strategy, Operations, Sales & Marketing
- Marketing and Product Managers
- Project and Program Managers
- Not specific to any industry
“Come as you are”: no specific requirements necessary. This workshop starts at a base level and provides some practical insights for the daily job.
Course Material is in English. Facilitation either in English or German.
Benefits and typical areas of application:
Learning objectives include:
- Experience interactively the challenges of simultaneous investment in core business and new product innovation.
- Investigate different ways to assess market opportunities.
- Explore how to balance R&D spending for sustaining growth and creating long-term opportunities.
Increase your awareness and understanding of dynamic system behaviour.
Gain insights and apply them to project situations and campaigns.
Understand what factors and structures enable or inhibit growth and how to address them effectively.
Develop decision making capability and improve project planning and resource allocation.
“…This gave us a “management flight simulator” to discuss different strategic options. It is not about the exact outcome, but asking the right questions…..”
“…After I completed the one-minute-survey and assessment I said: That can’t be! But it explained a lot. After the workshop session I know why…”
“…Amazing, this was so real and very close to our situation. I got some new insights and ideas our of this…”
“…I am glad we took this workshop as a team. It opened a lot of eyes. As a result we have developed a better and mutual understanding about the implications of upstream marketing and downstream delivery…”
“…Yes we hear this again and again: Don’t bring me your hockey-stick forecasts. I thought that I understood. But now I really get it what these guys are looking at!….”
The workshops will be prepared, conducted and facilitated by experienced experts who have real world experience in organisations and with various business and cultures. The experts have built up their experience both in leadership positions and through formal training and education. We are engaging guest speakers and facilitators in some workshops.
Workshop Leitung: Thomas (“Tom”) Wittig (LinkedIn Profile)