Epidemic and Crisis Response Management
Companies, NGOs and Aid Organisations are sometimes faced with complex situations and rapidly developing events: Epidemic outbreaks of a disease, Product Quality Issues, Product Recall Situations, Spread of a security breach, and Communication Crisis (nowadays also the phenomenon of a so called “shit storm” in social media). The effects are highly interrelated and compounding. How to respond and act effectively and efficiently?
This workshop seminar explores the challenges of crisis response management:
- How to ensure responsiveness, readiness, and resolution of issues?
- Resource allocation: What? When? Where? Who? How?
- Effects in highly networked delivery chains and distribution channels.
- How to communicate effectively with stakeholders?
- Safeguarding the customer base and profitability.
- Project dynamics and market dynamics.
- Decision making, root cause analysis, behavioural aspects und pressure.
- Assessing risk from a system perspective. Explore ways how to mitigate and reduce risk.
The workshop is a combination of a briefing, simulation game, and expert talks. The simulations are high-end multi-player games which have been prepared by top business schools for executive education and MBA / PhD programs. The games facilitate learning and highlight learning aspects in an engaging format.
In-company workshops for teams are available anytime by request. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and timing.
Public workshop seminars
Open workshops will be announced through our website and event newsletter.
Please sign up for our Event Newsletter to received updates.
You would like to host a workshop in your business, start-up center, accelerator or organisation? Please use our contact form.
Will be announced soon. Please also check out event page.
Modules and Deliverables
- Short presentation of the concepts. Visualisation and demonstration.
- How does a system such as a customer base behave over time?
- Feedback structure, delay, and change over time.
- Simulation and discussion of different growth strategies and their underlying structure.
- Based on a highly valuable set of content and tools
- Real world case studies (Quality issue in a large and growing installed base. Medical device company)
- Facilitated Role Play and Management Flight-Simulators: Live online simulation game (either single player or multi-player)
- Real world experience from facilitators who lead innovation, development, platforms, ecosystems and high volume operations.
Typical clients and participants include:
- Mission directors, Program directors
- PR and Communication Managers.
- Managers, Executives responsible for Innovation, Strategy, Operations, Sales & Marketing
- Marketing and Product Managers
- Project and Program Managers
- Not specific to any industry
“Come as you are”: no specific requirements necessary. This workshop starts at a base level and provides some practical insights for the daily job.
Course Material is in English. Facilitation either in English or German.
Benefits and typical areas of application:
Learning objectives include:
- Develop your understanding of systemic effects and network efforts.
- Explore different approaches and policies for response scenarios.
- Learn how the actions, decisions and strategies play out over time.
- Understand the linkage between different sectors: customers, production, service, communication, competition, financial.
Increase your awareness and understanding of dynamic system behaviour.
Gain insights and apply them to project situations and campaigns.
Understand what factors and structures enable or inhibit growth and how to address them effectively.
Develop decision making capability and improve project planning and resource allocation.
“…After I completed the one-minute-survey and assessment I said: That can’t be! But it explained a lot. After the workshop session I know why…”
“…This gave us a “management flight simulator” to discuss different strategic options. It is not about the exact outcome, but asking the right questions…..”
“…Yes we hear this again and again: Don’t bring me your hockey-stick forecasts. I thought that I understood. But now I really get it what these guys are looking at!….”
“…I am glad we took this workshop as a team. It opened a lot of eyes. As a result we have developed a better and mutual understanding about the implications of upstream marketing and downstream delivery…”
“…Amazing, this was so real and very close to our situation. I got some new insights and ideas our of this…”
The workshops will be prepared, conducted and facilitated by experienced experts who have real world experience in organisations and with various business and cultures. The experts have built up their experience both in leadership positions and through formal training and education. We are engaging guest speakers and facilitators in some workshops.
Workshop Leitung: Thomas (“Tom”) Wittig (LinkedIn Profile)